News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who here is a cable "cord cutter" ? And: What is your download Mbps?

Started by culturejam, December 22, 2017, 03:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Been on the Netflix/Hulu/AmazonPrime/HBOGo thing for about 5 years. No regrets. Also got ATT fiber internet a while back on a promo because google fiber just came through. $70 per month gets me about 350Mbps download and about 100Mbps upload. Far more than I ever needed. I used to have the 25Mbps download service and never. Prices issues.

jimilee

Cut the cord many many years ago. I got epb fiber optics with10gb down. I only get about 3 to 5, but there are no spikes like cable. I use koditv, Hulu, sling and Netflix. I work at T-Mobile, so Netflix is free. My wife just got amazon prime, but I not seeing anything worth watching there. No real need for ever since it's all available all the time. We get free hbo previews from time to time through sling, that's when I catch up on series like sonic highways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonnyboy27

My wife and I cut the chord when we got married. We use Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon (since we have prime) all through my PS4 or my wife's Amazon Fire Stick. We have tried Playstation Vue a couple of times but we realized we don't care about live TV enough for it to be worth it. So we usually just buy the series on amazon (Doctor Who) and then save a few bucks that way. The only thing I miss is football and I don't miss it enough to go out and buy a digital antenna.

I have a low Fios subscription with 50Mbps up/down. Might upgrade to 100Mbps when I renegotiate my contract at the end of this year. I haven't had many issues with that speed though and that's with: 2 phones, 2 laptops, 1 iMac, Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Fire Stick, and a PS4 all running on it.

atreidesheir

I cut cable four years ago and we have lived on internet, hulu, and netflix.  I am very happy with the results.  I expect to get a bend-over notification with the net neutrality rollback.  A real robber baron move on the Republicans' part.  Cable-cutters are about to find their/our heads conveniently laid on a corporate platter. 
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

matmosphere

Quote from: atreidesheir on December 24, 2017, 09:48:22 PM
I cut cable four years ago and we have lived on internet, hulu, and netflix.  I am very happy with the results.  I expect to get a bend-over notification with the net neutrality rollback.  A real robber baron move on the Republicans' part.  Cable-cutters are about to find their/our heads conveniently laid on a corporate platter.

This ^^ is unfortunately true. And I doubt they'll be any going back later. Sad thing isn't that it will suck for everyone. It's sad when you're only considered with what is good for the incredibly wealthy.

somnif

I'm really considering taking the snip. My bill has gone up, again, and is now just shy of 200$ a month, and more than half of that is the TV package.... and I honestly cannot remember the last time I turned on my TV. I have amazon prime and a healthy dvd collection, so I'm not wanting for things to watch.

With my rent increasing in the near future, I will probably need the extra funds around.

jimilee

Quote from: somnif on December 24, 2017, 11:22:18 PM
I'm really considering taking the snip. My bill has gone up, again, and is now just shy of 200$ a month, and more than half of that is the TV package.... and I honestly cannot remember the last time I turned on my TV. I have amazon prime and a healthy dvd collection, so I'm not wanting for things to watch.

With my rent increasing in the near future, I will probably need the extra funds around.
I was frustrated that I was paying so much and there literally wasn't anything worth watching most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.