News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Schu-tone sch-tuff

Started by gordo, December 18, 2017, 07:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

These boards popped up here recently and while the Xotic stuff has been around for ages and have been on my bucket list for ages I never got around to it.  Dan's boards are really top notch so I jumped on it.  The AC and RC are on the same board and I scored two of them.

The BB is one of the last of the PPP old stock enclosures I bought over the summer.  Really cool orange sparkle and was waiting for both: a good project to put in it and one that would fit.  I'll likely crack this one open again and go with a Coda bypass now that it has edged it's way onto my board.  I had no idea this thing is capable of such stupid amounts of output and recently I've given the old L5 amp a little time off and am torturing the front end of a little 20watt Plexi build.  I live by the volume control on the guitar and this combo is ridiculously effective.  Also diggin the BLMS aluminum knobs.

The AC is sort of a BB subset but on the Vox/not-very-clean-boost side.  This and the RC are the first time I've accepted the fact that while I'm not good at 1590A builds...it's simply a matter of fitting these buggers together "tetris" style and any time spent up front in the box layout pays off in spades when it comes time to close it up.  Quite happy with these.

The RC is the straight up side of the booster set.  Clean until you push it and like all of the Xotics the treble/bass sweeps are right on the money.  This would be a good solo boost for acoustic setups.  For me it makes pedals like the Cascadia and VFE Merman throw down way harder than they were intended.

These also demo my new Brother HL-3170 color laser.  Really liking the output and getting used to dealing with color.  The AC decal warped on the bottom left as the lacquer set and for some reason lifted it.  I'm lining the base plate on the 1590's with thin lexan cut out from sheets from the pick punch place.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fair.child

Does dan still sell the 1590A RC Booster board? i like how compact it is

gordo

If not, I hope this drives it.  Really cool build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fair.child

Now it starts, where can I buy the board? I'm getting 1590a fever now.

jimilee

Very nice indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.