Marshall Arts

The circuit works, time for an enclosure:

tcpoint

oip

fantastic!  loving all of the cascadia builds

BrianS

jubal81

Whoa, that's gorgeous!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

What's the graphic from? (I like birds ...)

Marshall Arts

Quote from: midwayfair on November 23, 2017, 03:31:51 PM
What's the graphic from? (I like birds ...)
From my "might use these some day" folder. :-)

Most likely from thisiscolossal.com from 2016 or even 2015.

Marshall Arts

Oh no... my first resin box... obviously it dissolved the bird. Will let it dry and see what I can do. Messy smelly stuff, that resin...

alanp

Marshall, I hate to tell you this but your bird's bollocks exploded from it's undercarriage.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Marshall Arts

Quote from: alanp on November 24, 2017, 08:17:36 AM
Marshall, I hate to tell you this but your bird's bollocks exploded from it's undercarriage.
Alan, it's not true - the bird is just molting.

Seriously, the resin seems to be toner-phobic, it is really repelled (even in a second pour). I used a product called "Resinpal 1707", as envirotex was not available from a local store (shipping costs, time,...). Bad decision: Resinpal needs to be mixed with a weight-ratio 1.5:100 (Hardener, Resin), which is hard to do, if you only want to prepare 50 grams. With Envirotex it is 1:1, much easier. Also, it does not seem to "flow" as nice as envirotex (never tried that, but I will...).

So, time to think about what to do. Most likely, I will sand the surface flat (I will loose the glossy finish) and glue some thin metal sheet over the bird (and decal the bird on top of that again... EAT THAT, RESIN-DEVIL!!!!).

Suggestions welcome.

gordo

Especially if the resin is still a bit soft you might find it will peel right off.  If you have a heat fun or hair dryer it might help.  Start working from a hole outward towards the edges.  Might be able to salvage the paint and get away with re-decalling it.

Major disappointment, it was coming along beautifully.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Marshall Arts

Thanks for the hint. That worked well, I'll start over!

Boba7

Yeah keep at it, its gonna be so beautiful! I really really like your design. Good luck!
Will someone make a quick demo of this pedal someday? :)

Marshall Arts

I will continue to document my progress in the BOTY 2017 thread over here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=26844.0