News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean Problems

Started by hank, September 29, 2017, 02:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hank

I've built 3 of the green Bean.  The first works incredibly well and sounded so good I ordered another.  All IC voltages and VB and VC voltages check out.  Q1 and Q2 voltages are correct.  All resisitor values double checked as well as caps and all is correct.  Re-flowed all connections.  I am getting signal with no power, and getting an effect signal at a very low volume (way lower than the amp setting would provide for).  Pot values correct.  Any ideas about the reduced volume effect signal and what to check?

WormBoy

If all voltages check out, and you cannot see obvious soldering problems, i would use an audio probe to pinpoint the problem area.

hank

Haven't built an audio probe but guess I'll have to.  Out of 120+ pedals, I've only had 2 that were DOA and mistakes not obvious.  Where would I find a diagram of the signal path for the probe exercise?  By the way, Thanks for the reply.

peAk

Quote from: hank on September 29, 2017, 03:02:34 PM
Haven't built an audio probe but guess I'll have to.  Out of 120+ pedals, I've only had 2 that were DOA and mistakes not obvious.  Where would I find a diagram of the signal path for the probe exercise?  By the way, Thanks for the reply.

I know Paul (chromesphere) has a video on his DIY youtube channel. Super easy and straight forward

WormBoy

Quote from: hank on September 29, 2017, 03:02:34 PM
This would be a good place to start, I guess: http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/debug.html The schematic of the Green Bean shows you the signal path, so you can probe from input to output to see where the sounds is lost.