News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat Build & Powder coating 4 teh win

Started by chromesphere, November 24, 2011, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

is it wrong for me to say this color is growing on me?  Its not...a hot pink...its like...a purple-y..color   :-\

Been working on this for like, 6 months now.  Part of 'the list' i started.  

This is the 2nd build i've powder coated.  This one also has its issues.  I'm honestly my own worst enemy, if i just listened to people and did what i was supposed to, like fit the dam moisture filter on the end of the gun, i wouldnt have half these issues.  oh well.   I'm learning.

The other obvious issue is the decal.  The clear powder defines the edge of the decal generously. Actually, you can barely see it in the photo, believe me, in real life its got like..1mm edge around it. Not entirely sure why either...can only guess it was the brand...

Oh yeah one last thing, the industrial 3dpt's from Mammoth.  I believe they are supposed to be used with a PCB?  Without the pcb, they are a HUGE pain to solder.  The lug holes are microscopic. There are 2 advantages though that i can see with using them. They are slightly smaller then the blue 3pdt's.  They also have a metal washer instead of the white ones, which i must say, i really like!

Ok, thats it.  Thanks for looking :)
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

gtr2

Hehe.  Yes, I agree enclosure labeling and finishing are the toughest parts of a build.  You'll be able to see this one in the dark!  I like those knobs from futurlec.  Keep up the good work.

You can buy the metal washers at pedal parts plus for the 3pdt's as well.  That's what I usually use.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chromesphere

Hey Josh, thanks for the compliment and the tip.

I agree. Finishing enclosures / learning to finish is such a big slice of the job. I think once i get a proper set up, powder coating results are going to be top notch. I just need to get the hang of how heavy to put it on.  I keep going too light.  I havent had any run though (yet).

Also that color looks very pink in the first photo, but the actual color is closer to, if you look at the edge of the box in the gut shot you can see its a bit more purple-y.  In all honesty, its probably somewhere inbetween.  I actually quite like the color! (ducks under his desk).

Paul

nzCdog

Nice build...  I won't judge for for making a pink pedal ;)
What clipping diodes did you end up using?  How's it sound? :)

chromesphere

Thanks nzcdog.

Havent used it much yet, i dont have time to play these things, i just build them, throw them over my shoulder on the pile, and work on the next one.

I had a brief play around with it last night. To be honest it had an offensive sounding clipping on one of the channels when the gain was cranked...I managed to get a pretty good sound out of it when i stuffed around with the dips & pres trim combo.  Also, the tone seems to increase the volume, quite significantly.  I reported a similar problem with the Zen Drive, i think i concluded on that one that its just my amplifier allowing more treble to come through as i turn the tone knob. Both channels do it, so i assume its correct.  Yeah, its actually pretty complicated to set up, but i did have something i was pretty happy with last night.  I also didnt have a chance to crank it up cause it was getting late, which also helps the appeal of effects :)

Paul

TNblueshawk

Love the pedal. Nice gutz and frankly I like the color. Man it sure does look hot pink. I think a Big Muff would look good with that color  8)
John

orhor

Hi, I know this topic is long time dead. Please, could you send me a schematics for Aristocrat. I was not able to find any.
Thank you in advance.

Andlord

Quote from: orhor on September 27, 2017, 05:22:18 AM
Hi, I know this topic is long time dead. Please, could you send me a schematics for Aristocrat. I was not able to find any.
Thank you in advance.

From just a look at the labeling and the board I would guess it is a King of Tone right? Or at least something similar

selfdestroyer

Quote from: orhor on September 27, 2017, 05:22:18 AM
Thank you in advance.

You could just look at the build doc of the Queen of Bone.
http://www.rullywow.com/product/queenofbone2/

The 18v is a great addition to this pedal IMO.

Cody