News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krypton Phaser

Started by Timko, July 01, 2017, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

This is a pedal I built for a guy who works at the guitar store I take lessons at.  I let him play around with the phaser I use most of the time (a Liquid Mercury), which has a phaser circuit based on the Mutron II and wanted something like it without the tap tempo stuff.  He wanted the layout of the controls to looks something like the traditional Mutron, but I opted for a Maestro style color combo.  The silver knobs (which he picked out) really tie the look together. 

I spent the morning and afternoon noodling around with it, and it sounds GREAT.  It's also a really fun build with the 1/8 watt resistors.  Excuse the wiring mess inside; I did a poor job of measuring some of the connections to the jacks and power.  I got some opto bypass PCBs from THCustoms this week so I tried one out.  They're very easy to build and install.

mjg

Nice one.  I like the way you've laid out the knobs and graphics on the front. 

BrianS

Those are great phasers.  Good job on the build.

jimilee

Beautifully executed! I love the retro look
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

That's nice. I think I need another phaser
Matt

kgull

I love the way it pays homage to the original while still being totally unique. Looks great! (then again, I might be a bit biased :P )

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wgc

Cool build, 4 colors ain't no joke
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

nzCdog

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

cajone5

Nice work! Really like the layout

oip

love the design!  looks amazing

Boba7

Yep, agree, it looks spectacular!!

mcasemo