News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Four track recorder

Started by jimilee, June 17, 2017, 04:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Does anyone have an old 4 track recorder or the like? I found some of my brothers old recordings and would really like to hear them. You can on a regular tape player, I know, but some of the tracks end up in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

Found this locally. I'm happy to play middle man for you if you want to get it.

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/6122704670.html

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Hey, thanks for the offer, that's more than I'd like to spend and probably more than a 4 track should cost, so they still make cassettes? If I was going to use it to record it might be worth the extra money though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Jimi, you are actually going to be seeing an arch with prices for tape 4-tracks. They are getting popular again for the lofi heads out there. I used to find Fostex and Tascam's all day on eBay and CList for under $50 but it's been getting a bit harder. On top of this, the belts don't hold up well over time for my experience and you may need to find replacements. Something to keep in mind.

Cody

wgc

I still have my old fostex. (I still need to locate my old song demos since I'd like to transfer them to my pc.  Probably at my moms.) If you're not in a hurry I can try to help. Send a pm.

One thing you can try short term is using a Walkman, record L & R out to two tracks in audacity or similar. Flip the tape, record the backwards output to two more tracks, and then use the reverse edit on the backwards tracks.

You'll have to sync things up manually but with a little effort it's doable.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Next time I'm at my folks' house, I'll see if my old 424 is still there.  I still have some tapes squirreled away that I should archive at some point, but I'd be happy to lend it to you if you cover the shipping costs (and if I still have it, of course).  That way, you could mix those tapes down and put them in a more stable format.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

Dang!  We had one of those Tascam's at high school.  That brings back lots of memories  :)