News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arrow Electronics free overnight shipping if you spend $20

Started by EBRAddict, May 02, 2017, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

I saw this today. Their web site is convoluted and they don't stock much to do with pedals, but their pricing is generally pretty good on IC and discretes and free overnight shipping for spending $20 is a great deal.

www.arrowelectronics.com

You can pick up a Raspberry Pi 3 shipped overnight for $35.

AntKnee

I searched some parts and they said "ships in 3 days with free overnight shipping." So it will take about the same amount of time, but shipping is free, which is nice.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

stringsthings

They have very good prices on some MCU's that are used in some DIY modular synth builds.
Actually, their price is less than Mouser's.  I haven't ordered from them yet, but definitely keeping
them in mind.  It's a shame that their ordering software is pretty lame.  Mouser's is vastly superior.
All You Need Is Love

EBRAddict

Yeah I've ordered MCU and some DSP chips from them. Much better prices than Mouser, Digikey if they have it in stock, usually.

I'm not sure who designed their web site, it's not a bad site just not the right site for this kind of product. Off the shelf templating tools are great for basic sites but their products are very complicated, the two don't work together.

gtr2

They are an interesting distributer.  I'm not sure how they are making money TBH...
I only order things that are substantially cheaper from them in bulk.  Last order I probably received 4 separate shipments from one order from different areas of the US and one from Europe.  I didn't pay any shipping.  I'm not sure how they can keep that up.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

BrianS

I order from them all the time.  Website is a nightmare to navigate and the way they ship stuff is crazy as Josh said. You can get carbon resistors dirt cheap and sometimes metal ones too.  As said you can usually get ICs cheaper than Mouser and if shipping is free it's a no brainer.  Diodes and caps are a good deal also.  I don't think you can get Hammond enclosures much cheaper when they ship free but they only keep a limited stock on hand. What I have done to simplify working their website is taking a product ID off Mouser and doing a search.  I only order from them when I get free shipping. Otherwise, hello Mouser and time saved searching. 

gtr2

I do the mouser search for the part # and then use arrow to see if it's cheaper as well  :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

flanagan0718

I just finished populating a Naughty Fish and found I needed the charge pump, 2.2uf non polar, and the b250k. They had all the stuff I needed plus more! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk