News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Enclosures 35% Off

Started by BrianS, April 22, 2017, 02:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Mammoth has all their enclosures 35% off.  Don't know how long it lasts and if the discount applies to the colored ones (I've never purchased one of their powder coated ones so I'm not sure what the cost for color is).  Its a good deal for the the bare ones especially the big boxes 1590DD is $7.  1590bb $4.39 1590b $3.74 1590a $2.76.  I got 13 boxes (different sizes) and the shipping cost to TX was $9.72 Priority Mail.  YMMV.  Anyway I thought I would share this so you if you think its a good deal you can get some.  And I have never had any problems with orders from them, knock on wood.   

AwesomeTyler

Looking at their prices, it looks like the enclosures they sell are only a couple dollars cheaper than the Hammond enclosures on Pedal Parts Plus. Anybody have any opinion on how they compare? I'd expect them to either be closely comparable to Hammond if not better with those regular prices...is it that they are Hammond enclosures?

BrianS

They're going to be comparable to any of the import boxes.  But they (PPP) have some awesome prices on their old stock right now. 

Aleph Null

Quote from: AwesomeTyler on May 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM
Looking at their prices, it looks like the enclosures they sell are only a couple dollars cheaper than the Hammond enclosures on Pedal Parts Plus. Anybody have any opinion on how they compare? I'd expect them to either be closely comparable to Hammond if not better with those regular prices...is it that they are Hammond enclosures?

Mammoth sells import and Hammond™ enclosures. I'm not sure which are on sale. I've used the Mammoth brand enclosures before. The fit is good and the pieces feel sturdy. The powder coat has been good and wears well in my experience.

AwesomeTyler

Quote from: Aleph Null on May 01, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: AwesomeTyler on May 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Mammoth sells import and Hammond enclosures. I'm not sure which are on sale. I've used the Mammoth brand enclosures before. The fit is good and the pieces feel sturdy. The powder coat has been good and wears well in my experience.

Thanks for that!
n00b question: when people talk about 'import' boxes, is the assumption here that they're Chinese, or are there other countries commonly known for manufacturing boxes? Either way, how does the quality of those 'import' boxes compare to the Hammonds?

Sorry for the questions. I'm doing all I can to keep from making the mistake of purchasing large orders of anything even closely relatable to those god-awful black boxes that a brisk wind could crush.

Aleph Null

Quote from: AwesomeTyler on May 01, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
n00b question: when people talk about 'import' boxes, is the assumption here that they're Chinese, or are there other countries commonly known for manufacturing boxes? Either way, how does the quality of those 'import' boxes compare to the Hammonds?

I imagine most imports are far East in origin. I haven't noticed a marked difference in the metallurgy. They all seem to take paint or powder coat fine. The Hammonds have rounder edges. On particularly cheap ones, you might notice the screw threads aren't as clean...maybe.

BrianS

I rarely buy a Hammond box unless I can get it for the same price as an import.  Some of them (import) need a little more prep than others but I've gotten Hammond plain boxes that were as bad as or no better than one I've gotten from Tayda.  To be honest, if you look at the application you're using them for, a pedal box, I'm not sure one that is more expensive is better.  Others on here may think the opposite.  I'm only speaking about plain boxes, not powder coated.  I don't think either type of box is going to withstand rolling over it with a car (LOL) but mine very rarely leave my storage cabinet or pedal board.  And I can't speak on whether one is better for etching than the other.