News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Morning Glory Dies (help)

Started by REPTAR, April 14, 2017, 01:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

Hey guys! Haven't been around in a while.  I just built a morning glory based on the tagboard fx layout.  I built it for a friend and really need to get it working soon.  So it works perfectly for almost 2 seconds when as soon as I plug in power and then it sounds like someone is turning the volume down until it's off. It just dies. I've tried replacing the ic and the transistor because I have both socketed. It does somewhat work with one particular 4558 ic, but with anything other than very light picking of the strings and it sounds terrible. And the voltages on the 4558 ic are way different than with the correct ic. Just wondering if anyone has had something like this happen before and if anyone might have any clues to the problem.  Maybe I've just gotten rusty at building pedals lol. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

woolie

Quote from: REPTAR on April 14, 2017, 01:03:20 AM
Hey guys! Haven't been around in a while.  I just built a morning glory based on the tagboard fx layout.  I built it for a friend and really need to get it working soon.  So it works perfectly for almost 2 seconds when as soon as I plug in power and then it sounds like someone is turning the volume down until it's off. It just dies. I've tried replacing the ic and the transistor because I have both socketed. It does somewhat work with one particular 4558 ic, but with anything other than very light picking of the strings and it sounds terrible. And the voltages on the 4558 ic are way different than with the correct ic. Just wondering if anyone has had something like this happen before and if anyone might have any clues to the problem.  Maybe I've just gotten rusty at building pedals lol. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds to me like a bad cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

REPTAR

I also forgot to mention that I built 2 of these boards and got the exact same result.

REPTAR

Quote from: woolie on April 14, 2017, 01:50:11 AM

Sounds to me like a bad cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I thought maybe that could be it until I built a second board.  I guess I could have just got a bad batch of caps.