News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coursera: Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications

Started by EBRAddict, March 25, 2017, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

https://www.coursera.org/learn/audio-signal-processing

This course popped up on a Python programming forum. I don't have 80 hours free in the next 10 weeks, but if I did I'd take the course.

QuoteAbout this course: In this course you will learn about audio signal processing methodologies that are specific for music and of use in real applications. We focus on the spectral processing techniques of relevance for the description and transformation of sounds, developing the basic theoretical and practical knowledge with which to analyze, synthesize, transform and describe audio signals in the context of music applications.

The course is based on open software and content. The demonstrations and programming exercises are done using Python under Ubuntu, and the references and materials for the course come from open online repositories. We are also distributing with open licenses the software and materials developed for the course.

Who is this class for: This course is primary aimed at advanced undergraduate or master students, along with professionals, interested in signal processing, programming and music.

micromegas

I took the course on its first round. It is quite interesting, and good to understand the basics of DSP (which, to be fair, I already had) and dip a toe on the work of audio analysis and synthesis. The approach is quite theoretical and you'll have to keep in mind that they won't focus on application-specific examples, but I totally recommend it.

I did a Master of Science on Audio & DSP after that and some of my classmates that did not have the previous DSP experience that I had said that course helped them to understand better some concepts.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

miha

Man I wish Id have the time for this, already have a few books on this topic that I want to get to :)

midwayfair

This is highly relevant and timely for me, but I'm not entirely sure where I'll find 80 hours of free time right now. If my CS program ends up using python I'll probably do at least part of the course.

EDIT: Had a quick look at the course materials and it might be a little advanced for me at the moment ... want to get a little more math under my belt. :P