News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider 2015 Build - 1st Madbean Build

Started by dfp123, March 09, 2017, 05:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfp123

Here is an image of my completed Lowrider build. This was my first Madbean pedal build and worked wonderfully.

Haven't boxed it up yet. Just got through testing and very happy with the results. I turned the Fuzz all the way down and seems relatively clean. I haven't noticed any change when adjusting the Tone trimpot. Is the Tone trimpot for adjusting the tone when using Fuzz? What should I be listening for when adjusting the Tone trimpot?

One issue I had was the size of my C14 - too big to fit in the area between to two ICs - so I needed to bend over a bit. Other than that, very happy and looking forward to boxing it up.

AntKnee

Looking good so far. Your led will be a problem like you have it, though. Youll need to flip it to the other side when you install the pcb into your box. Its best not to solder it in place until the pcb is mounted. Just leave it loose in the holes until then.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

dfp123

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the LED is not soldered in yet, just placed for test purposes. Waiting until the enclosure is drilled to secure the LED (flipside).

bsoncini

I recently built one of these. Fun pedal.

I had the same problem as you with the tone trimpots. Traced it to putting the wrong value resistor in. And yes it changes the tone on the octave up.  It works like a standard tone control. You would notice the difference if it worked.

For c14. I had to put a 63v cap in. 100v was too fat.

dfp123

Great, thanks for the Tone information. I will look into my resistors and specifically test out the octave up with it.