News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

hmm there's a Keeler Designs pedal maker..

Started by movinginslomo, March 10, 2017, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movinginslomo

... I wonder how many people get confused since his name is Rob Keeler and not Rob Keeley. He uses that overdone boutique script on his pedals too. Maybe it's intentional. Still funny though. "I met that Keeler guy at NAMM you harp on about!" "NO NO KEELEY, Robert KEELEY! Who the hell is Keeler?!"

culturejam

Speaking of Keeley and NAMM....

When Brian and I were at NAMM in Nashville last summer, we were coming up the escalator to the show floor, and Robert Keeley was coming down on the escalator. I gave him a polite up-nod, but he didn't see because he was texting.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on March 10, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

When Brian and I were at NAMM in Nashville last summer, we were coming up the escalator to the show floor, and Robert Keeley was coming down on the escalator. I gave him a polite up-nod, but he didn't see because he was texting.  ;D

I expected more payoff to that story.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

movinginslomo

"Italian Leather plz" "thats a no go on suede?" Seriously though, can't pick too hard on Keeley he does make nice pedals if they do cost an arm and a leg.

culturejam

Quote from: pickdropper on March 10, 2017, 05:30:59 PMI expected more payoff to that story.

Me, too.  :D

I also sat on a bench next to Josh Scott and tried to sneak a selfie with him in it, but he moved away too fast. Also, I tried to introduce myself to Brian Wampler several times, but something always prevented it from happening. The last time I tried, he actually literally got up and ran away.  ;D

But I did get to pal around with Paul Cochrane and Steve Daniels, so that was cool.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on March 10, 2017, 05:43:29 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on March 10, 2017, 05:30:59 PMI expected more payoff to that story.

I also sat on a bench next to Josh Scott and tried to sneak a selfie with him in it, but he moved away too fast. Also, I tried to introduce myself to Brian Wampler several times, but something always prevented it from happening. The last time I tried, he actually literally got up and ran away.  ;D

But I did get to pal around with Paul Cochrane and Steve Daniels, so that was cool.
Hey, a couple of years ago, we saw Mike Matthews, so , I mean, that happened....
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Matthews was always one of those "one hit too many" type of guys.  I always get a kick out of him talking to the press though.  He's such a wackadoodle that it's very entertaining.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

brucer

Quote from: pickdropper on March 10, 2017, 05:30:59 PM

Well, pickdropper, your comment made coffee come out my nose.  That's kind of a payoff.  Sorta.

BrianS

My sister lives in Edmond, OK where he has his business.  I purchased a Katana boost while I was visiting her and went down to pick it up.  One of his employees showed me around the shop and the ones I talked to were really nice.  I didn't talk to him but he did sign the pedal I bought before I left.  My experience was a thumbs up. 

movinginslomo

Quote from: gordo on March 10, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
Matthews was always one of those "one hit too many" type of guys.  I always get a kick out of him talking to the press though.  He's such a wackadoodle that it's very entertaining.

His personal keyboard demos of his stuff are entertaining to the max

pickdropper

Quote from: brucer on March 10, 2017, 09:16:21 PM

Well, pickdropper, your comment made coffee come out my nose.  That's kind of a payoff.  Sorta.

That's definitely a better payoff.   ;D
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on March 10, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

Maybe Wampler was so excited to meet you that he couldn't contain himself. 
Function f(x)

thesameage

Quote from: brucer on March 10, 2017, 09:16:21 PM

I interviewed to work for him last year and let me just say that I never called them back. Kind of crazy over there. The place is very cool though and my favorite part of the tour was in the huge warehouse where they build everything. I suddenly hear the sound of many birds making a racket and asked the tour guide how the birds got in there. He said,"no, those are mike's birds." Sitting in the middle of the floor was a gigantic cage full of huge parrots who were squawking loudly and shitting everwhere. Very surreal experience top to bottom.