News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Frank 'n' Beans

Started by Guitarmageddon, August 21, 2011, 02:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

The 'Frank 'n' Beans'- Harmonic Energizer running into a triangle specs Gruntbox.

The Gruntbox has the tone control bypassed and the two pairs of clipping diodes are on on/off/on switches. One has ge/none/si the other Bat41/none/BS170's. Trannies are 2N5089's except Q1 wich has an old one I found in a jar in someones garage- I have no idea what it is, it's marked BSW 68A G7918 PH, works good and warms things up nicely. 
It cleans up nicely too, but when hit with the HE it sounds unbelieveable. :twisted:

This thing has loads of volume, and was self oscilating when maxed for a while, so I sheilded the Gruntbox output and shifted a few wires around and now it's suprisingly quiet.

I've gotta say, real pleased with this :D

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

rullywowr

Love the extra "flair" on the 'curly-Q' leads you have running on the diodes attached to the switches.  Great build, very well done.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

nzCdog

Quote from: rullywowr on August 21, 2011, 05:25:38 AM
Love the extra "flair" on the 'curly-Q' leads you have running on the diodes attached to the switches.  Great build, very well done.

Hey yeah they look cool. Nice build man :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is one sweet piece of gear!!! What a great combination of the two...I've been wanting to do a Harmonic Energizer for awhile now. I have to agree with you on the tone bypass, the muff I built that has that option almost always stays in that setting. Gobs and gobs of volume!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals