News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MoogFest Engineer Pass

Started by Timko, March 15, 2017, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I was on the Moog site, looking for some new rubber feet for my Minifooger Delay (a badass analog pedal for not a lot of $$ if you're looking, BTW), and came across this link:

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/moogfest-engineer-vip-workshop

I have a couple of synth-head friends who have told me about MoogFest from a musician and lecture standpoint, but this is something totally different.  Over the course of 2 days you build a synth/sequencer.  $1500 is not anything to sneeze at, but for 2 days with Moog engineering it seems like it would be worth it.  Being able to pick those folks brains in a small classroom setting would be more valuable than what you build. 

I can't go this year, but it's something I'll look into next year as this would be a great bucket list tpye activity. 

nzCdog

matmosphere

not cheap but I'm sure it's worth every penny to have a chance to learn from those guys.

alanp

I can't even afford getting pcb's fabbed, let alone a travel ticket to the States, and then the entry fee on top of that!

You Americans are so lucky with all your fests, cons, meet-ups, and all the rest.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Timko

I'll help pay for you to get boards fabbed Alan. Your stuff is awesome.

Jules

Quote from: Timko on March 16, 2017, 04:23:39 AM
I'll help pay for you to get boards fabbed Alan. Your stuff is awesome.
yeah, me too.
Especially the Biphase.

zombie_rock123

Me three! Im down with paying for some proto costs if it reserves a spot on the final list  :)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Aristatertotle

That's cool. I did the factory tour at the Moog headquarters this past October. Definitely a cool experience. Was really cool seeing their stock of components and all of their gear like the system 55's and 35's being built up.