News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bad resistors from Tayda? No, cheap multimeter.

Started by AntKnee, February 03, 2017, 02:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Poor AntKnee :-) you took a lashing on this one dude.  Glad you got it all worked out though so no worries.  I wish I had a nickel for every Tayda critique I've read, yet we all still use them for something.  I've had very few problems so took your situation with a grain of salt AND it's always possible to get into a bad run of product from ANYone.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

blackedition

thanks @gordo... i'll be ordering one of those neat little do-dads soon!

i've been working on a pig butt build that is rapidly eroding my confidence in my abilities and figured that i should probably invest in some testing tools to avoid issues in the future... as for the audio probe/test rig, i have a JMK pcb for the test rig that i need to build... i'm definitely going to look into the delyk one as well.

Fndr8875

my prob is with the leads. They are soo damn thin it drives me crazy, i was saying earlier htat i wish they would carry some with thicker leads, so at least i could have a semi one stop shop that didnt break my bank. I respect small bear alot, and have ordered from them many times when i could have gotten twice the product from tayda, but to me piece of mind is worth paying for, bc when shit dont work when you finish your build ive found i have had a harder time troubleshooting parts from Tayda than SB, At least mammoth has 55 cent pots now that ppl have basically confirmed that they are alphas but just branded mammoth that it hardly makes sense to me to even order from tayda anymore. I added 20 pots to basket and it qouted me at 3.65 3 day shipping from mammoth. But i live 300 miles away, but i doubt it could cost but couple buck more if you were in NYC or something.

Culture Jam where do you get your resistors? Small bear is a good deal but to really stock up seems like youd have to spend at least 50-75 bucks, i cant afford to spend but like 20 bucks here and there. I know metal film is the big thing, but idc as long as the leads are decent thickness and tolerance isnt too bad.