News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay Pedal FX Loop

Started by claytushaywood, February 06, 2012, 07:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

Anyone know the general idea behind this mod.  Like keeley's modded dd3.  Put fx in the loop and they are only applied to the repeats of the delay... I guess the new DMM's have it  goin  on... but I do not think the new DMM's sound as good as the old big box ones, i know this is covered everywhere on TGP and similar places, but I just cannot take reading through those kinda forum topics anymore.

anyways, the fx loop mod-- for the dirtbag, dd3, or any other delay?

JakeFuzz

I've wondered about this recently as well. I think it would be as easy as pulling off the delayed signal before it gets blended with the dry signal and fed back to the delay input. I would add an additional decoupling cap before sending it to a jack. I was going to try this with a rebote but never got around to putting it together.

nzCdog

+1  be fun to try this on a sea urchin circuit... I really wanna use my lowrider in there

sgmezei

THATs a cool idea!  Low rider repeater.

claytushaywood

arent many delays designed so that the whole signal goes through the delay chip... like they dont get mixed back with dry signal.  I think thats more the case with the boss dd3's- i dont know though I'm a newb and havent really tried to learn about delay circuits yet