News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blue box of overdrive

Started by cab_eleven, August 11, 2011, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cab_eleven

It's a vero OKKO Diablo from http://www.sabrotone.com/?page_id=4 It is nice and warm full bodied OD and I dig it. I was going to try a new paint technique, but I was in a hurry to box it up and play with it. Need some knobs still, but I don't know when Ill get to hit the store for some of those.

I built a test rig too out of some salvaged parts.

And that is what I have been doing for the past few days.

jtn191

killer paint job! is that difficult to do?

druz15

cool, thinking of trying a swirly paint job for my serendipity but wil problably just end up doing it powder blue, may try swilring on next batch of pedals

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

cab_eleven

Thanks Hab, I was planning on doing a distressed/relic type paint job, but swirls are so easy and quick I went with it. The swirls take about 15 minutes to do, then about 10 hours of dry time in the hundred and five degree heat, clearcoat and let it dry over night. It really is a fast turn over out of the finishes I have tried. My last 6 builds I have gone the swirl route just because it looks good and goes fast.

nzCdog

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Love those swirlies :) It looks great man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

slimtriggers

The swirl is cool, but I really dig the rusty test rig!  I have a thing for the "rat rod" look. 8)

cab_eleven

I found the rusty box cleaning up the estate of an old elevator repair man. I found several nice new boxes still in wrapping. Then I saw the rusty one laying in a trash pile, and I knew I found my test rig. The zip ties and alligator clips were found there too. Along with a couple hand full of old cc resistors and an assortment of old diodes.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job! I like the swirls much! I gotta give it another try, I now realize it I had watered the paint down it would have worked much better. I still have yet to build a Sabro layout but seeing he did the expandora makes me excited.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals