News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover '15

Started by Kartoffelkopf, December 05, 2016, 07:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kartoffelkopf

Finished this bad girl up on Friday.  I've got it calibrated, but I'm still going to play around with T1 and clock just a touch to squeeze out a bit more feedback. Minute adjustments is an understatement!  All in all, it sounds fantastic. Build was easy and I came across no issues at all.  Socketed R1 for humbuckers as indicated in the build doc. 

Squeezed inside a 1590BB, I had to modify (read: mangle) a pair of enclosed switching jacks to get a good fit with decent clearance.  Enclosure is etched and painted with Tamiya acrylic paint.

mjg

Nice! 

That's some good jack mangling, I must say.

stringsthings

Very nice!

Excellent decal and colors.
All You Need Is Love

Leevibe

diablochris6

I've done my fair share of jack mangling. It's always a game of "how much plastic can I saw away before the metal contacts fall off?"

Did you just alter the Electric Mistress logo, or is that an actual font?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

bcalla

Kartoffelkopf

Thanks!

The font was a mashup between a couple workalike fonts, Bauhaus 73 and Knuckle Down, if I recall correctly (I do all my graphics on my laptop, which is in the other room),  followed by slicing and dicing a couple letters.  It's by no means an exact duplicate of the typeface, but it gets the point across - I'm an impatient man.  :D

As for the etch, it's my third one, and second successful attempt.  The last one I did was a super clean etch, but was shallow enough that I had a hard time keeping the paint in the etched parts.  This one I let go for quite a while longer, and the NaOH solution began to creep out underneath the tape and a couple edges of the mask unseen and unnoticed, as can be seen above the feedback control and the last 'e' in 'maitresse'.  But hey, it's a learning experience, and I'm still happy with the way it turned out.