News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Red Army Overdrive

Started by Jakes Dad, December 09, 2016, 12:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Finished up this one last night a little too late to do a full volume check (past my Grandson's bed time) but the first very low volume check was pretty nice.  Just did a full volume noodle after I got home from work - the smile will not go away! This is the 7th or 8th BMP variant I've built (3rd on the Halo board) and it now reigns as my favorite.  Used an aion Halo built to Red Army specs with the presence/mid range control.  Found the box (non-Hammond 1590B-ish) in the drawer; Halo and 3PDT from aion (duh); green wire from Guitar PCB; knobs (love those Vintage Cup Cakes), pots, jacks and switch from Small Bear; electronic fiddly bits from Mouser. 

The box:

And the guts:

Chuck

jimilee

Looks really great. Is it an overdrive or a muff?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Jakes Dad

Most definitely a Muff - a year or two later it was the Civil War BMP.

Chuck

jimilee

I thought so, the overdrive part confused me (I'm a bass player). It does look really great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fredwreck

diablochris6

Love the offset star. Great job.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

stringsthings

Very nice.  Most excellent.
All You Need Is Love

jonnygreentrees

Looks great! Is the star a stencil?

bcalla

Jakes Dad

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on December 09, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
Looks great! Is the star a stencil?

Close.  When I drill I cover the box with painter's tape and peel it off after all the holes are there.  After staring at photos of original forever the obvious star layout jumped out at me so I grabbed a small triangle, marked the star and trimmed the tape with an exacto knife.  A few squirts of flat red paint and there it is.

Chuck

storyboardist

Really like the looks of that one. Well done
Guy behind Effects Layouts

selfdestroyer

That came together really nice. I like the simplicity of the artwork. And who doesn't like a BMP variant?... I don't know any one of the sorts. lol

Great job!

Cody