News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wampler Black 65

Started by claytushaywood, November 12, 2016, 01:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

Looking at the wampler black 65 project.  The parts list doesnt have anything for the bass potentiometer and the schematic says its 100kA but all the other tone pots are linear.  Is log correct on this pot?

jimilee

If it was a loglliner, you'd  get a lot of bass really fast. Yet both, see what feels better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

claytushaywood

soldering and desoldering pc mount pots does a number on PCB's.  Id like to know what the original used so I dont strip pads.

anyone?

Thanks!

claytushaywood

another question... I got my J201;s from smallbear and they must be nicely produced because they are all reading between 7.4v and 7.6v while measuring bias off the drain with the 5.6k resistors.  I'm wanting to get this down to 4.5v... correct? 

Since they are all so close and I stupidly socketed the j201's instead of the resistors coming off the power- couldnt I just add a single resistor in series with the 9v to lower the drain measurements together instead of changing each of the 5.6k resistors.

or would this mess with another part of the circuit?  doesnt look like it to me

I've attached the build doc with the schematic

claytushaywood

also- im not getting nearly as much gain as the vero build i did from tagboardfx a while back.  Everything else sounds great- just not enough crunch on the gain pot.  I imagine that would be a resistor slip up somewhere.  got any ideas peoples?