News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cascadia multi-fx unit

Started by Stomptown, February 05, 2017, 05:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CODymmoT

That looks amazing! I'm going to try ribbon cable for the off board connections on the build I have on the go right now.

Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playpunk

Awesome! The etch is fantastic, the build immaculate, the little board, sublime.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

AntKnee

Etch... terrible.
Wiring... hideous.
Knobs... ugly.
I hate seeing such rushed and unplanned work.
;D
Seriously, amazing job!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

raulduke

Thanks dude; quality costs so not surprised.

They look awesome on your pedal so were worth it imo.

mrclean77

I could be mad at you for that etch....or for the guts I couldn't stop staring at.....but I'll skip that and be mad at you for providing a link for those knobs.  >:( ;D

Nice, work and I love the idea of those multi's on that board.

culturejam

Hot damn, that's a clean build!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

This is as amazing as ever, Jon. I love it not just for the etch and ridiculously good wiring, but I think this is a really smart grouping of effects. I want to do something similar but with trem, OD, delay. I know you like to wear Chucks. Is that graphic just a pic of your own shoes? If so, that makes it even cooler! I'm intrigued by the DIP switch board for the diode/cap switching. I may borrow that idea.

Martan

Aleph Null

Inspiring work. Is that Envirotex over the etch? The knobs are classy.

Stomptown

Quote from: Aleph Null on February 06, 2017, 06:52:53 PM
Inspiring work. Is that Envirotex over the etch?

Yeah, I find the envirotex help bring the contrast out a bit. I you look at the other pedal in the pedal board I posted you can see the difference it makes. I'm still debating on whether or not to gut that one and envirotex the enclosure.  I'm leaning towards not doing it right now but we'll see.

Quote from: Leevibe on February 06, 2017, 03:15:27 PM
This is as amazing as ever, Jon. I love it not just for the etch and ridiculously good wiring, but I think this is a really smart grouping of effects. I want to do something similar but with trem, OD, delay. I know you like to wear Chucks. Is that graphic just a pic of your own shoes? If so, that makes it even cooler! I'm intrigued by the DIP switch board for the diode/cap switching. I may borrow that idea.

Thanks Lee.  The effec t choices in the multis are essentially based on everything I would typically use in a cover band situation.  I went with two delays so I can have one set for slap back and one for soloing. I may eventually build another multi to replace the Orion since I don't need the reverb with my current amp setup.  Then I could add chorus in it's place.

Keri actually found the graphics online so no extra credit there.  I think it would be cool if you incorporated something similar in the lb.  if you want the eagle files or want me to modify it based on your typical switch wiring preference let me know and I'd be happy to hook it up.

warriorpoet

This thing is unreal. I Love the Kilo knobs

- fellow Kilo addict

PS. Any link to that OD PCB?
Mzo.FX, Owner

selfdestroyer

Damn Jon, that came out beautiful man.

Cody

Stomptown

Quote from: warriorpoet on February 06, 2017, 09:28:38 PM
PS. Any link to that OD PCB?

It was actually a PIF and unfortunately they're not commercially available. It's the pcb from Leevibes Long Block Overdrive which is one of his commercial products.

Dminner

WOW WOW WOW.  Beautiful etching, beautiful art.  And BEST knob choice ever!  I am in love with the Cascadia.