News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Voltage Power Supply

Started by Randyman, November 07, 2016, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyman

I am wondering if one might take a project like Afterlife and re-power it for a +/- 16v power supply since it is an opamp based circuit. I understand how opamps are powered by a dual voltage supply. Looking at the the circuit I wonder what becomes of the connections for bias voltage. Any ideas on this?

stecykmi

it's not so possible to rework it on a madbean board but the circuit itself might be able to be converted. in general, anything that's biased to VB should be biased at 0v (ground) and anything biased at ground should be biased at -16V.

disclaimer, i have not built this circuit but it seems like it's "tuned" for guitar levels since it starts to compress even at very low level signals (and the threshold is not adjustable). so increasing the headroom may not help you much.

Randyman

Thanks for the response. I was not thinking of trying to do this on the Madbean board. I was just thinking more generally how one might re-power such a circuit. You have confirmed what I was assuming and I thank you for that.