News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lunar Module & Pharaoh Fuzz

Started by Boba7, November 12, 2016, 08:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Just built those 2 fuzz boxes recently. Both are truly amazing.

I built the Pharaoh with .47uf caps, like the original, whereas Rullywow recommends 47nf. Q2 & Q3 are 2N5088, and there's led clippings instead of the no diode position.

There was a tiny mistake in Fuzzdog's pcb for the Lunar module: the 100ohms came after the 100uf cap, causing oscillation in certain settings. I first doubled the cap to 200uf to get rid of it and then realized with the schematics the 100ohms wasn't in the right place.

The Pharaoh was probably one of my fastest builds ever.

Sorry for the crappy light, I couldn't take good pictures this morning.

JackSkellington

Very nice! ;)
I built a Big Muff Ram's Head GGG schematic, but I wish to build the Pharaoh Fuzz, too. Do you have the chance to compare the Big Muff and the Pharaoh Fuzz?
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Boba7

I had a Ram's head clone a while ago, and I prefer the Pharaoh, though I couldn't compare them directly.

What I love with the Pharaoh is its versatility. The clipping switch is awesome, and the high pot is brillant! I think when the tone pot is at minimum and the high pot at maximum, it's pretty much a tone bypass position, which sounds amazing.
The Pharaoh is probably bassier than the Ram's head. It should be possible to tweek the tone section to remove a little bit of bass when the tone pot is turned clockwise. But right now I just love it as is!

kaycee

Tidy builds, interesting idea building the Pharaoh 'upside-down'.