News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two circuits same box in parallel

Started by garfo, November 04, 2016, 07:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

I'm in the need of reducing the size of m pedal-board, and therefore I'll be changing some things. One of them will be stacking some circuits in the same enclosure as I use them simultaneously anyway.

I have a Boss CE-2 clone and a Sea Urchin Delay that I was thinking of running them in Parallel instead of series. I remember once I encountered a problem when wiring two circuits in parallel ( Two identical State Variable Filters) and I fixed it placing a small resistor of the same value on the output of each one.

What are the odds this would happen again?

Aleph Null

I would expect this should work fine if both circuits have a buffered output. If the last thing in the circuit is a master volume, you will experience weirdness. You might consider looking into a utility circuit like a blender. They are usually small, so it shouldn't be hard to cram in a box with the other two circuits.

jimilee

A switcher would be awesome. It wouldn't make your board smaller but it would be very cool. But, yeah a blending circuit would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

garfo

Both have buffered outputs. So, I'll give it a try and see how the work together.