News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Attaching laminate to aluminum pedal box

Started by GhostofJohnToad, August 05, 2011, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

So I was thinking...  Stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. have free samples of laminate used for counter tops.  I found a couple pieces that fit perfectly on the face of a 1590BB.  Has anyone tried this yet?  I'm curious what would work to attach the laminate to the aluminum.  Epoxy, JB-Weld, Super Glue?

stecykmi

epoxy will glue anything to anything else, usually. just make sure you clamp it or put something heavy on it so it dries nice and flat.

you could also bolt it to the enclosure, some time that looks pretty cool too.

Tpetty5

Contact cement is what you use to attach plastic laminate to a wood substrate and should also work equally well on aluminum.  Just make sure you have it lined up properly as you only get one chance.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's a good idea. You'll have to show us if you go through with it!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: Tpetty5 on August 05, 2011, 04:34:34 PM
Contact cement is what you use to attach plastic laminate to a wood substrate and should also work equally well on aluminum.  Just make sure you have it lined up properly as you only get one chance.
that's what I've used for attaching faceplates to boxes. a light coat on each mating surface, let dry and stick 'em together. make sure you get em straight, cuz you won't be able to pull em apart.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!