News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tapanatorator

Started by gordo, October 09, 2016, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'll post some pics tomorrow but, Brian, I gotta say kudos on the layout. It's a breeze getting this thing to look good. I don't have any of the T-pedals finished yet but the outputs look good on the scope.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

A PPP blem, these things always look better than I expect. Kind of a crappy countersink but looks a bit different.

I soldered the jacks directly to the PCB.  Probably a bad move in terms of longevity.  With more foresight I would have left
the LED legs long and worked them into the jacks.

Showcases my new quartz counter tops nicely too...
Gordy Power

nzCdog

Heyhey that looks slick!  Nice job Gordo  8)

tcpoint

Nice.  I had a question I was about to post but your gutshots answered them.  Thanks for posting your great build.

gordo

This is the closest I've come to not having different colored components to get that "rummage-sale" look.  At the end of the day this one is just for me so doesn't really matter but it's such a primo layout that I had to do it justice.
Gordy Power

alanp

I just checked the build documents, and apparently using DC jacks for the tap tempo cables is canonical. I'm really not a fan of doing this, though :/ too much chance for something to go wrong, like using a 1/4" jack for a power socket. Plus if you use 3.5mm jacks as is also suggested, it becomes somewhat compatible with Eurorack (some level/resistance tweaking is probably needed).

Very, very sweet work apart from that, though! I like the countersinking :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

That's a concern of mine as well. The only difference on an unlabeled box is the orientation, which is intentional. I normally label everything because truthfully I can't remember what I had for breakfast. I usually stick to lighter colored boxes but this one is so "outside" that it's more tweakable and labels are less help. And the color is cool.
Gordy Power

gordo

Got the three boards done. The tremolo and wah were a breeze. The phaser works but is very noisy, and a great radio receiver. I re flowed but now need to make sure I didn't goof up a part. Then full blown troubleshooting.

Wah is cool and screwing around with the tapper kept me busy for a while. The tremolo is the coolest of the bunch so far. I haven't found a real choppy sound yet but this thing will do swampy stuff all day and the clean boost adds a bit of hair and bottom.

Stock builds and LDR's from SmallBear.
Gordy Power