News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Right size lock washers for in/out jacks?

Started by Bret608, October 04, 2016, 02:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

So, I am in need of some lock washers for the Lumberg in/out jacks I'm using on my Pangea vibe. I thought the drill template I sent PPP was spot-on, but I underestimated how high those rotary switches would lift the board up compared to the usual 16mm board-mounted pots. So, I had to elongate the drill hole a bit with a filing rod. I figure some lock washers would help make sure the jacks don't slip around in their extra-roomy holes.

Small Bear looks to be out of the 1/4" lock washers they stock for Switchcraft jacks. I picked up some 5/16" internal tooth ones at Home Depot, but they are too small.  What size would you all recommend if I want to take another crack at buying them locally (e.g. Harbor Freight or Menards)?

midwayfair

The washers should fit 3/8". 5/16 is smaller than 3/8. :P

Bret608

Derp! It is indeed.  ;) Honestly, I could not find 3/8" at my local HD, so grabbed those as they looked close-ish. The $0.58 would have been better spent at Menards. They have that size as far as I can tell, so thanks for confirming. I'm surprised the lock washers SB sells for Switchcraft are 1/4".

midwayfair

Quote from: Bret608 on October 04, 2016, 03:32:38 PM
Derp! It is indeed.  ;) Honestly, I could not find 3/8" at my local HD, so grabbed those as they looked close-ish. The $0.58 would have been better spent at Menards. They have that size as far as I can tell, so thanks for confirming. I'm surprised the lock washers SB sells for Switchcraft are 1/4".

I don't think they are 1/4". They mean they're for 1/4" JACKS, which measure 3/8" on the outside. It could be worded approximately 100% better.

Bret608

Ah, that makes sense...you're right, that description could have used a bit of editing.  :)

pickdropper

You may want to check another Home Depot.  They stock them at the store I go to.

You can also buy them off Amazon for cheap.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I think they must have just been out of stock as that size shows up online. I found the 3/8" at Menard's no problem when I ran there today on my lunch hour. Good price too! Thanks for the Amazon tip--my wife is always looking for things to add to orders to get to the free shipping threshold.  :)