News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zircona Compressor and a couple of others.

Started by kaycee, September 26, 2016, 04:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaycee

Lectric FX Zircona - optical Compressor.

Champion Fuzz - Re-badged Tonebender/B&M Champion Fuzz clone, changed the tonestack to the Hammer/Orman SWTC v2.

Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone.

Fuzzog - Silicon Fuzz Face.

All finishes are alcohol inks and letter stamping. Getting better with board mounted pots, drilling still a bit off.

m-Kresol

looking good. I love my zirconia. Kind of an always on effect for me.

any reason why you went with isolated jacks and the bolt for grounding the enclosure?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Drew Hallenbeck

Wow, nice collection of builds all wrapped up in one report!
The finishing on the enclosures is pretty awesome. Do you spray a clear coat over the alcohol inks and letter stamps? Also, what kind of ink do you use for the lettering?
I've tried finishing with alcohol inks a few times with mixed results.
I really like how your comp and "Fuzzdog" turned out.
Any special tips/tricks?
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

kaycee

Thanks guys.

I like the plastic jacks, they have a nice chrome boss on the outside. I use a bolt for grounding because I don't like soldering to the back of the pots, it's more reliable IMO.

Regarding the inks, I use the Tim Holt Ranger ones and their blending solution. For me I find the best effects are achieved by using a minimal amount of ink on the pad. I usually go over twice with the colours mixed on the pad and then once over with a tiny drop of the blending fluid.

I do think some colours seem to blend better than others too. I paint on a couple of coats of water based clear, rub down and then stamp and then a couple more coats to finish.