News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGHD

Started by jimilee, September 07, 2016, 11:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Guitar center had these hangers on sale for 5.00. I went to the hardware store and got a board, some screws and some stain. Sanded the corners smooth, watched a video on how to find wall studs and after three days (too much stain, took forever to dry) this was the result. The stain matches my desk to the immediate right to put it in to perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dbp512

Very nice! I have my main guitar on a stand by its amp, but my other 2 in their gig bags laying flat in a safe spot. I'd love to do this, but I don't have very much wall space. Also, I read its a bad idea to leave guitars by an outside wall, especially if the insulation is poor, as in my situation.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

jimilee

They were sitting right there on a stand, this just created floor space. I do a lot of recording right there at my desk. That board is about 32" long and that s all the spare wall space we have. I have 18 guitars and 8 basses, they are in cases all over my house, I usually keep a few out so I can play or record instead of spending time looking for the guitar and getting everything set up. It's nice if you have the space. To the left are 2 guitar amps and a bass amp, a microphone and a stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.