News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Timmy Bass Mods

Started by Mojo Fandangle, November 14, 2016, 01:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo Fandangle

Howdy peoples.

Thanks in advance for any assistance people might have. I haven't been here in a while, so a big hello to everyone.

Just getting back into doing a few builds, and teaching a Bassist friend to build pedals.

We're both building Timmy clones from FuzzDog Candyman PCB's. One for guitar, one for my Bass player friend
I've read that Timmys are Bass Modable, but haven't found any bass mods for them.
I'm guessung it's largly to do with swapping out caps that favour lower frequencies, but it's something I know little about.

Can anybody suggest any Timmy Bass Mods?
Whether the Timmy is already Bass freindly as the stock version?
Any info on which Caps in the circuit relate to filtering frequencies, and what caps I might sppliment them with?
What cap values generally favour bass frequencies?

Thanks again to anybody who might have some advice on this
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

jimilee

What I've done in the past is replace the input cap and the output cap. Socket them and see what you like. If the input cap is a 1n, I've replaced it with a 100n. I've even put them on a with and made them bass or guitar pedals. Hope that helps.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Mojo Fandangle

Quote from: jimilee on November 14, 2016, 03:27:51 PM
What I've done in the past is replace the input cap and the output cap. Socket them and see what you like. If the input cap is a 1n, I've replaced it with a 100n. I've even put them on a with and made them bass or guitar pedals. Hope that helps.

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I'll do. Maybe a switch for each in and out caps or just one for whichever makes the most difference.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

jimilee

In is the one I usually go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.