News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ugly Commercial Pedals—Repaint, Rehouse, or Cringe?

Started by Aleph Null, August 23, 2016, 05:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

neandrewthal

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 24, 2016, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: neandrewthal on August 24, 2016, 01:41:49 PM
And finally, comic sans anyone?

Post of the day goes to Neandrewthal  ;D

8)

My brain can't help but interpret it as:

wow
                                   such repeats
      much shimmer
                          so tape

Aleph Null

The thing is about the size of a 1590DD (huge). I might just cover it in velcro and use it as a mini pedal board. I could probably get four 15390A enclosures on top of it.

lincolnic

Quote from: neandrewthal on August 24, 2016, 01:41:49 PM
And finally, comic sans anyone?

I can do you one better: I once got a paycheck printed in Comic Sans.

Aleph Null

movinginslomo

Is that the actual COMMERCIAL boomerang using comic sans? OUCH

somnif

I actually like the old Line6 multi's (that big old green brick was something I lusted over in high school like crazy).

And a Zoom multi was the first effect I ever laid soldering iron to (fixed a cracked solder joint on the output jack for a friend.)

There are a FEW pedals Id still buy though. For example, The Timmy I'd buy (the developer is a great guy and its on the affordable side). And I occasionally pick up pedals from my local used shops when they're on the cheap.

matmosphere

Actually, I take it back. Yeah it's a little bit of an eyesore but if it fills a need, sounds good, and it'll help you out at gigs I say just use it and don't give the looks a second thought. At least you'll be able to spot it easily on the floor.

Aleph Null

There's always Plasti Dip. Spray it on. Peel it off if you decide to sell it, or peel it off and spray it a different color if you get bored.