News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler Fuzz level does not change

Started by msengele, August 01, 2011, 02:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msengele

I have just completed a Mangler build. Everything appears to be working except the fuzz level control. When engaged the pedal produces some fuzz sound but the level control does not change the effect. I have checked the pot for the fuzz control and it checks out fine. The pedal works fine in by-pass mode and the volume control works as well engaged. The pedal is set up with NPN bc109's.

Thanks,
Mike

madbean

Have you reversed the polarity of the supply to +0v and flipped the electrolytic caps for negative ground?

msengele

Yes, I reversed the caps and the diode. I have the + from the battery connected to what is marked as -9v on the board. The negative from the battery is going to the ring on the input terminal and then from the sleeve to the gnd marking on the board. Does this sound all correct? I am testing the my individual components to see if any of them are bad.

Thank you for your help,
Mike

madbean

Hmmm...maybe a pic so I can put another set of eyes on the wiring. Sounds like you have things hooked up correctly, though.

k.rock!

do you have a resistor soldered to the fuzz pot? Or just the pot straight to the board?

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

msengele

I would like to thank you all for help. I think I have it working now. I replaced the C2 cap and it started working. This was my first build and the most soldering I have done, so it was a great learning experience. Next I am going to attempt a Cherrybomb.

Thanks again,
Mike