News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nu-TRon II Phaser issues. Can anybody help?

Started by guile, August 25, 2013, 09:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guile

I finished the  Nu-TRon II Phaser and I absolutely love it!

Only thing is that it TICKS very annoyingly (with the speed of the sweep). It's much too loud to overlook.
I tried to dress the wires differently but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

midwayfair

I'm confused. The Mutton III is an envelope filter. It has a sweep control but does not oscillate for there to be any ticking. Can you recheck wwhich circuit you're talking about?

guile

I stand corrected!

It's of course the 'Nu-TRon II Phaser'

guile

I noticed that it even ticks when bypassed  :o
The funny thing is that it stops ticking when I put an overdrive in front of it. ???

I'm desperate for some ideas!

jubal81

Does the ticking get louder and quieter when you adjust the trims? Also, what type of LED are you using? It might be a matter of using a diffused LED instead of a high-brightness one.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

guile

Thanks for your reply.
It does get louder or more quite when I move the pcb around...
I'm using a diffused led...

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

guile

I took it out, but unfortunately no change (bad or good)

John S

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get it fixed?
Schenkenstein custom effects. Check out the page on Facebook.

Bret608

My Nu-tron hasn't ever ticked, but once my Pork Barrel chorus did start ticking whether bypassed or not. All that was wrong was that a pot had come loose from the enclosure, and as soon as I tightened the nut the ticking was gone.

What kind of grounding scheme are you using on your Nu-tron? Since I was worried about ticking, I went with the Madbean standard footswitch wiring so that the input would be grounded in bypass.

impycat1

If this is the project you are talking about. Then check everything. ( Usual stuff. soldering, correct resistors capacitors etc). It should work fine. I built it and it worked perfectly without any trouble shooting.