News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I think I have a problem...(VIDEO ADDED)

Started by flanagan0718, August 02, 2016, 04:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

This is a build I did for someone. I just finished it last week and shipped it yesterday. It is a:

DBA Sound Saw -> DBA Harmonic Transformer -> order switch<-> Mood ring -> JMK Blend / Loop. It was some pretty intimidating wiring, to say the least. But I nailed it. Dminner did the enclosure so I can't take any credit for that. This thing sounds awesome though. So many options available. I'll link the videos once i get them up. Thanks for reading.

Hope you like it!

-Mike-

VIDEO TIME!!!

The tremolo is a stomptown Lycanthrope if anyone is wondering...

selfdestroyer

Wow crazy awesome! I bet that's one of those fxs that play themselves. Great execution man.

I think you meant DBA instead of EQD.. lol had me all confused for a sec.

Cody

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 02, 2016, 04:30:29 PM
I think you meant DBA instead of EQD.. lol had me all confused for a sec.

Cody

YUP! I fixed it. Thanks man!!

matmosphere

Is the problem that you want it back because it's so awesome? That might be my problem if that pedal had ever graced my bench.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Matmosphere on August 02, 2016, 05:26:49 PM
Is the problem that you want it back because it's so awesome? That might be my problem if that pedal had ever graced my bench.

HAHA! I'm actually thinking of building one for myself!

Govmnt_Lacky

Love the use of the flat baton switches with this build. Goes perfectly with the retro-test equipment look!  ;)

Timko

I love these huge multi-builds.  They make people go ??? when they see them.

Where do those switches come from?  I would love to get my hands on some.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Timko on August 02, 2016, 06:20:23 PM
I love these huge multi-builds.  They make people go ??? when they see them.

Where do those switches come from?  I would love to get my hands on some.

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 02, 2016, 06:11:57 PM
Love the use of the flat baton switches with this build. Goes perfectly with the retro-test equipment look!  ;)

It's actually not an enormous enclosure its a vertical 1590DD.

I love the switches too! Dan (Dminner) turned me onto them. He did a build for this guy before and used them. So he wanted to duplicate the look.

I got the SPDT and SPST switches from Radio Shack. They were a little pricey, I think like $3-$4 each. I got the 3PDT switches from Newark (the only place I could find them) and they were $4 each too!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

BrianS

m-Kresol

Wow, killer project and superb execution on both sides!

musikding has those switches for spdt and dpdt at least, no idea what shipping to the US costs. I'm waiting on a DBA interstellar overdriver pcb I sent off to oshpark on friday. I'm unemployed atm so I got plenty of time. Actually, pcb designing took over quite a bit. I spent like 10h designing yesterday and another 7 today and I'm not nearly finished with my next big one ;) I should probably use the time looking for a job, but it's just soo much fun.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 02, 2016, 08:05:26 PM

musikding has those switches for spdt and dpdt at least, no idea what shipping to the US costs. I'm waiting on a DBA interstellar overdriver pcb I sent off to oshpark on friday. I'm unemployed atm so I got plenty of time. Actually, pcb designing took over quite a bit. I spent like 10h designing yesterday and another 7 today and I'm not nearly finished with my next big one ;) I should probably use the time looking for a job, but it's just soo much fun.

You're doing something right! The buffer you designed is great! I built one for a friend not to long ago.!

m-Kresol

Quote from: flanagan0718 on August 02, 2016, 08:16:35 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on August 02, 2016, 08:05:26 PM

You're doing something right! The buffer you designed is great! I built one for a friend not to long ago.!

Oh cool, good to know someone is actually using my designs. The big one I'm doing atm is a Hifi Tube amp with KT88 tubes and a phono preamp as it will be for my turntable, which also will need some updating ;) I'm designing it on separate pcbs for preamp, main amp and PSU. So far preamp is done, PSU is calculated and drawn up, need to layout that one. and then the big one, I'll have to redraw the schematic and layout. Might run into problems with Eagle light pcb limitations. Although, I did hand in my application to Europe's leading pcb manufacturer and Epcos 8)

I really hope it will work, debugging HV builds is nerve wrecking and expensive! the transformers alone will be 180€
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718