News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Switched effects loop in a 2 in 1 pedal.

Started by jball85, July 23, 2016, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

I'm currently piecing together a build with a booster and an overdrive in one enclosure. I have diagrams to wire the 2 effects up in one enclosure where they can be switched on independently. However, I would like it to include an effects loop so a wah or possibly something else can be inserted in between the booster and wah, but the loop needs to be bypassed when there are no cables inserted/effect in use. I can't seem to find much on wiring pedals with effects loops. Any resources, links, or straight up diagrams would be awesome.

Thanks

m-Kresol

you'll need switched jacks for the send return.

just wire the output of effect 1 to the tip of the send jack. The send TIP SW pad goes to the TIP SW pad of the return jack. Finally, tip of the return goes to the input of effect 2.

Like this, when you insert something, the normally closed switches will open, thus the signal will go from the tip to the effect in the loop, back to the other tip and so forth.
when nothing is inserted, the switch are closed, bridging the two jacks.

hope that makes sense
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jball85