News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Probably already posted FunctionFx write ups

Started by blearyeyes, July 05, 2016, 04:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Sweet!

I was wondering if that guy (Gabriel) was going to give us some press. Score.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stecykmi

matmosphere

Nice! You guys are in pretty solid company.

jtaormina

When you guys are big shot pedal makers selling billions of dollars in pedals, don't forget us little guys left down in our small dark and damp DIY shops where one table leg is just a little too short. (Mine is none of those things but thought it was a nice descriptive effect.)

madbean

Quote from: jtaormina on July 06, 2016, 02:10:11 PM
When you guys are big shot pedal makers selling billions of dollars in pedals, don't forget us little guys left down in our small dark and damp DIY shops where one table leg is just a little too short. (Mine is none of those things but thought it was a nice descriptive effect.)

I'm pretty sure we are the least likely people to have success go to our heads...trust me. Bunch damn 40+ year olds wit kids and mortgages. Excitement is staying up to 11pm for me.

EBRAddict

So you're telling us it isn't all fast cars and fine women? You're crushing my dreams, man.

TNblueshawk

I was just reading this months Vintage Guitar and some blues cat out of Chicago, Toronzo Cannon, said he plays a signature pedal by Function FX called "The Cannon"

He describes it as an " octave tweaked on one side and a straight up fuzz on the other side"

Did you guys build a custom order for him?
John

pickdropper

Quote from: TNblueshawk on July 23, 2016, 08:28:57 PM
I was just reading this months Vintage Guitar and some blues cat out of Chicago, Toronzo Cannon, said he plays a signature pedal by Function FX called "The Cannon"

He describes it as an " octave tweaked on one side and a straight up fuzz on the other side"

Yeah, Toronzo's a friend of mine.  He's been getting some well deserved press lately.  "The Cannon" is basically an Astrotone with an Octavia.  I've never loved the Astrotone circuit, but together they are pretty wild.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on July 06, 2016, 03:08:48 PM
Quote from: jtaormina on July 06, 2016, 02:10:11 PM

I'm pretty sure we are the least likely people to have success go to our heads...trust me. Bunch damn 40+ year olds wit kids and mortgages. Excitement is staying up to 11pm for me.

Yeah, no kidding.  Between taking care of the kids and hand washing the Bentley and the McLaren, I'm pretty much wiped out by 10pm.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

TNblueshawk

Quote from: pickdropper on July 23, 2016, 08:38:13 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on July 23, 2016, 08:28:57 PM

Yeah, Toronzo's a friend of mine.  He's been getting some well deserved press lately.  "The Cannon" is basically an Astrotone with an Octavia.  I've never loved the Astrotone circuit, but together they are pretty wild.

That's pretty cool Dave.

I am not familiar with him to be honest but I believe I will be now.

John