News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

USB splitter cable for my iPad and audio interface?

Started by brand0nized, July 13, 2016, 08:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brand0nized

Hey guys,

I want to use a looping app on my iPad with my pedalboard running through a USB interface. I have a CCK that will let me connect my interface to my iPad via USB, but I need to run a powered USB hub between the two to power the interface.

My idea is to skip the powered USB hub and hack together a splitter cable that sends data from the interface to the iPad, but takes 5V power from my power supply (after the 9V is regulated to 5V) and sends it to both the interface and the iPad, powering the interface and keeping the iPad charged at the same time.

Can I just splice this together or are there any dangers in sending 5V this way to my iPad and interface from my pedalboard's power supply?

EBRAddict

It's doable but I question how much power you are going to get from a pedal power output which usually gives up to ~400mA. iPad charging may suck to 2A depending on the model.

brand0nized

Quote from: EBRAddict on July 13, 2016, 10:44:29 PM
It's doable but I question how much power you are going to get from a pedal power output which usually gives up to ~400mA. iPad charging may suck to 2A depending on the model.

Hmm.. Hadn't considered that. Thanks for the headsup!