News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin

Started by Timko, June 27, 2016, 04:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

The weather in KC has been uber hot over the past week.  My summer activities are normally less pedal building and more disc golf leagues and tournaments, but this June heat wave is just misrable to be outside in for 2 or 3 hours.  As a result, I've been working on enclosure designs for some of the completed boards I have in my stock.  I finished my Sharkfin this weekend, and it's been a real pleasure to play with.  The filter is dynamic, and has so many tonal options.  But the reason I wanted this one boxed up was the sample and hold function, and it's so much fun.  I spent the morning tweaking the trimmers to come up with a sound that I really liked.  I could see adding a couple of knobs to tweak these settings on the fly.

A note on the name: For a long time, I though the pedal was named a sample, filter, and hold.  It wasn't until I built the Parisit Studio sample and hold circuit realized I had been calling the effect the wrong thing for years.  So I decided to go with that name here. 

The etching turned out really well; I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I originally had plans to do a multi-color paint job on this, but opted for this design instead.

Martan

Looks really great, man! Congrats on etch.

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks pretty awesome. I've looked at the build docs for this one about a hundred times. I really want to try one out but I keep putting off ordering the board. I'm sooooo backed up on builds as it is.
Congrats on getting yours up and running. One of these days I'll get caught up and join the club!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

selfdestroyer

Really love the design of the etch. Looks great man.

Cody