News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to wire a tone bypass into a BMP pcb

Started by turkeypills, May 26, 2016, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeypills

I've searched long and hard for this seemingly simple bit of info to no avail. I am trying to build a BMP with a tone bypass switch. All I can seem to find is information verifying that such a mod exists and that it removes a resistor and a cap. What I cannot find is a diagram illustrating how to wire this to a switch. I currently have an Aion Electronics Halo board and a Rullywow King Tut to work with. Why I'm asking for would make that irrelevant though as it should work for any BMP clone. Where to I hook the wires up to???

On a related note, I have a couple THCustoms 5 band EQ boards. What do I need to look at if I want to "inject" this board into the tone section of a BMP or Rat? Is it better to just run the EQ in series with the dirt board before/after?

I had a similar struggle in learning how to wire an offboard diode selection switch but have recently learned that you simply run the middle lugs of a dpdt to the two positive pads of the diode group.

Help a dude out.

sturgeo

Take a look at the IC Big Muff, that should show you how to do it in principal.

Edit: there is a schematic on here: http://pedalparts.co.uk/docs/IC78-V2.pdf

alanp

With the Mudbunny schematic, I suspect you'd bypass the tonestack by tying Q3's collector to C12. This will probably make the circuit louder, given the lossy tonestack.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

turkeypills

Quote from: alanp on May 26, 2016, 06:03:07 PM
With the Mudbunny schematic, I suspect you'd bypass the tonestack by tying Q3's collector to C12. This will probably make the circuit louder, given the lossy tonestack.

So would I simply run a wire from the Q3 pad and one of the pads of C12 to the first and second lug of a on off SPDT? I'm trying to figure out how to do this mod on any muff based pcb. C 12 may be C13 or 14 depending on the particular layout and I know I'll need to refer to the schematic, but the application should be the same. I know it will be louder, that's partly the goal.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website