News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recycled parts Fuzz Face

Started by lars, May 10, 2016, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Here is another Fuzz Face built with some recycled parts from an old Thomas Organ, and a repurposed enclosure. The pcb was hand drawn with a sharpie and etched using the original layout. These old Texas Instruments trannies have some serious bottom end to them. With the fuzz at full tilt, this sounds like a Big Muff, but without all the background noise.
The enclosure is from a Tru-Spec TA-15 vhf/uhf signal amplifier http://assets.suredone.com/1720/media-photos/st0594-tru-spec-amplifier-uhf-vhf-fm-model-ta-15-117vac-no-box.jpg. These enclosures work great for stomp boxes and already have holes drilled for in and out jacks, mounting locations inside for a pcb, nice wah-style rubber feet, and an LED in place. I also like the extra weight this has being that it's a steel enclosure. The wiring inside is a little messy, but the wires had to have some slack in them in order to be able to open the box and change the battery.

Bret608

I love that enclosure but the faceplate really takes the cake! And I agree about the old T.I. transistors.

m-Kresol

perfect in every way. I really dig the enclosure-faceplate combination, really cool style with a vintage vibe to it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

storyboardist

Love everything about this. Great work!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Rockhorst

Totally lovely build, inside and out!

Scruffie

Very nice! And if you get hungry there's a jelly bean inside for a snack.
Works at Lectric-FX

Leevibe

I love it! How did you do the lettering for the I/O jacks?

Martan

lars

Quote from: Leevibe on May 10, 2016, 11:16:48 PM
I love it! How did you do the lettering for the I/O jacks?
That's the great part about these enclosures, the lettering is already there for "In" and "Out".

selfdestroyer

So awesome. I love the LED placement also. This is going in my inspiration folder for sure!

Cody

Boba7

LOVE it! The enclosure is great!

jtaormina

I love the creativity that comes with recycling parts. It's super cool making something awesome out of a pile of junk. One mans trash is another's mans treasure my dad always says. Great job.