News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ibanez CS-505 question

Started by Bret608, April 22, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Just been listening to tons of chorus samples to figure out what to build next. I love the Pork Barrel and am just hoping to try out a different flavor. I am leaning towards a Celeste, but am curious--has anyone taken a closer look at the Ibanez CS-505 (looking at you, Scruffie and Keefe!)? I remember bucksears at FSB had done an etched layout. I'm wondering if it's different/interesting enough for someone to take on for a fabbed layout. For that matter, the DOD FX-60 also sounds great.

diablochris6

I recently designed a PCB for the CS9 with a few modifications. I added a wet signal blend knob, toggles for other mods, and removed the stereo output. Looking at the schematic, it looks like the major differences between the CS9 and CS505 is that the 505 runs on 12v whereas the 9 runs on 9v. Also, the 505 has a dry output jack while the 9 has an extra jack for stereo.

Here's the thread for my interpretation of the CS9. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21801.0
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

chordball

I have a CS 505, and it does sound great but it's quite noisy. I also have a guitarpcb mini me chorus which is dead quiet, so I use it instead. I say that because while I love the CS 505, the small clone is close enough that I don't worry about it. But, I would certainly buy a pcb if there was one available and the noise issue was solved.

Bret608

Thanks to both of you for the info! Chris, I will be on the lookout for if you do a group buy for your CS-9 boards.