News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any (stock) market traders here?

Started by culturejam, May 18, 2016, 03:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Not something we usually talk about, but I figured there might be a trader or two here.

I've been doing a fair bit of what I would cautiously call "swing trading" since February. I don't really have enough cash to really make the most of swing trading, but I have been using similar strategies to squeeze some growth out of the old retirement fund. Currently, I'm dabbling in leveraged index ETFs. Embrace volatility!

I'm currently studying options trading, which is sort of scary, but I am intrigued. My goal is to really jump into options in the next month or so, but I definitely have more research to complete first.

So is anybody else here into trading (securities)? We got any bond ninjas here? Options experts? Old-school value investors?

Or if folks just want to talk about how to get the most out of their 401k, that would be a cool topic, I think. (said the old man)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

galaxiex

I was involved with Forex a couple years ago.
Ended up breaking even.

Have been kicking around giving it another go.... it can be a tough market....
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

culturejam

I know almost nothing about FOREX. I put that in the "stuff other people do but I pretend doesn't exist" category.  ;D But now I guess I will check it out and see what it's about.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects