News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my first pedal build ever: neutrino

Started by snz728, July 14, 2011, 04:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snz728

Hi everyone, thanks for the build reports guts pictures they really helped me build this.  And it works!! ;D Well not the first time.  I found I omitted a jumper on the switch.  Only thing I wonder about is I screwed up my decimals and got .022uf caps (the huge blue ones) instead of .22uf.   Is it a big difference?

snz728

chip46

Awesome enclosure!

Just finished my Neutrino tonight as well. Did mine to Burst specs. Really sweet little OD, but we'll see how it stands up to the KoT, Zendrive, and Klon.

nzCdog

Looking really tidy there man! :o
First pedal win!  Nice job  8)

Quote from: snz728 on July 14, 2011, 04:18:08 AM
.022uf caps (the huge blue ones) instead of .22uf.   Is it a big difference?

How does it sound? Probably ok... If it sounds too thin you could try the 220n caps instead, if you like it then its perfect! ;)

stecykmi

vinnie

Nice swirl man! :D fine built too even for being your first time ;-)

snz728

thanks, I think I'll change the caps when I tackle my next project (Boneyard).  This took a year of planning and studying and convincing the wife it was more economical to build ;) after I sacrificed all my old pedals for a strat that just need better pickups.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks great! You got the dragonfly swirl down better than me.. ;)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

snz728

magic: I just spray painted it with some 98 cent blue spray paint that was on sale at the hardware store and then swirled some black enamel (I had left over from painting the front porch railing) on some water and borax powder.  While it was drying in the garage one of my kids' friend knocked it over with a baseball mitt adding some wrinkles.  PS Wear gloves my fingers are still black ::)

bigmufffuzzwizz

oh cool the borax method like the steve vai guitars? It makes a lot of sense now  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals