News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Biyang...

Started by artstomp, March 23, 2016, 09:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

..anyone seen these?..actually a good design imo...modular fx / programmable looper if i'm not mistaken...
...sorry guys..i forgot to include the pic..

Mojo Fandangle

Yeah these look great. All the bells and whistles of far more expensive looper units.
I was gonna make one but I'd probably be better off just buying one of these when you consider how much it'd cost for the enclosure, four 3pdt switches, mailing costs, etc.

I also really like the sound of the Biyang Baby Boom Fuzz. It seems like a quality sounding Tone Bender clone for about $60. I think they make much better stuff than companies like Joyo and Mooer.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

artstomp

..i think i've seen KORG pedals made by Biyang..rebranded..

Mojo Fandangle

Oh, I didn't see the image when I commented. Thought you were talking about their switching system pedals which also look pretty decent.
I think I'd rather use the pedal switching looper having already bought and built so much stuff.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

Muadzin

Basically everything you need if you go out for a quick jam/audition. Or handy as a backup in case of a catastrophic pedal board failure. Either way, handy in a pinch.

Willybomb

Holy crap, that looks alright. Given they clone pretty much everyone else it might actually sound ok. Could always gut it and replace it with baby boards.

jposega

Quote from: Willybomb on March 24, 2016, 03:39:30 PM
Holy crap, that looks alright. Given they clone pretty much everyone else it might actually sound ok. Could always gut it and replace it with baby boards.
That seems like a pretty good idea if the units it comes with suck.

Finally an original idea from those companies that just build or rebrand copies of copies.

http://en.biyang.com.cn/product-details/lm-4lm-7lm-10 A link to the page that explains how it works. This is a cool concept.

Willybomb

Just did a quick google. There's the Lm-7 and the Lm-10 - these are actually modular so you can put whatever effect in it in any order. They've suddenly gotten a lot cooler.

If the modules end up any good, they're onto a winner. Devi Ever did a Kickstarter for x similar idea, with diy effect cartidges and ended up failing due to money mismanagent I believe.

Willybomb

jposega

Quote from: Willybomb on March 24, 2016, 03:52:28 PM
Just did a quick google. There's the Lm-7 and the Lm-10 - these are actually modular so you can put whatever effect in it in any order. They've suddenly gotten a lot cooler.

If the modules end up any good, they're onto a winner. Devi Ever did a Kickstarter for x similar idea, with diy effect cartidges and ended up failing due to money mismanagent I believe.

I think that was because she's insane.

culturejam

Quote from: Willybomb on March 24, 2016, 03:52:28 PM
Just did a quick google. There's the Lm-7 and the Lm-10 - these are actually modular so you can put whatever effect in it in any order.

Good, because having distortion and overdrive *after* delay and reverb would be a problem for me.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects