News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PorCulator (PepperSpray)

Started by bcalder, March 04, 2012, 10:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalder

Fun, fun build - I like the normal sound the best & use it as an overdrive with teeth. "Por culo" in spanish is a great catch-all that kinda means "By the skin of your teeth" but literally translates as "Up the ass". Those Spaniards. "Porc" in Catalan is pig, so ...

Thanks to Brian & the forum for the help!

nzCdog

Very cool build... great artwork, how did you do the pig? :)

Bret608

Hey, using a 1590bb was a good solution to let you use the larger caps! I use this about like you do, i.e. aggressive overdrive.

When you say normal mode, do you mean the germanium diodes? Also, which build specs did you end up going with?

I also like both the artwork and the humor behind the name--that would almost certainly be Albini-approved!

bcalder

Thanks a lot for the nice comments. I built the Albini-spec box. I'm using the middle setting, so I thought it was bypassing both the germaniun & the BAT41s I'm using? I better look at the schematic again.

The pig is my neighborhood pig ... in Barcelona in September, there's a big festival in which the main attraction are firework-spewing animals that people run after in heavy canvas suits so as to not get burnt to a crisp. NOT UL-approved, I'm telling you!!

Bret608

You are correct, the middle is the no-diodes setting. It took me a few moments to figure it out, but the right position is D1 and D2 (germanium) and the left is D4 and D5 (BAT 41s in your case!). I like the middle position too--sounds nice for playing songs by Television!

Wow, that looks like a cool festival! It reminds me of Mardi Gras. Although I have to say, Mardi Gras would be even cooler with firework-spewing animals...