News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few pedals (reverb, fuzz, chorus and fuzz + bonus)

Started by Coda-effects, March 18, 2016, 09:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda-effects

I have build quite a lot of pedals recently, and made no build reports about it

So here a a few pedals that I build recently.

A Dead Astronaut Chasm Reverb :

Really cool pedal, fun and easy to build ! I like a lot with a delay, it allows very deep sound and lushing delays, really cool!
I did a small video for it (sorry the sound is not that great... I am not very good at recording)

A Pharaoh fuzz clone :

I used my own PCB for making Big Muff, it is quite easy to work with as I used the same component names as the Big Muff Page, so I just have to grab the schematic of the Big Muff I like and start building.

It is a nice sounding muff, with a bit more mids that classical ones. The trebles knobs is not really useful, it is only working with a tone quite high (so why would you want to roll off trebles if you set the tone knob high? Weird stuff)

However, the diode clipping option is really cool, germanium diodes do sound quite nice in a Big Muff! I becomes more a "classical sounding" fuzz like fuzz face, a bit more compressed though.

A madbean pork barrel (with a sticker):

It was easy and fun to build!
However, I realized I am not very found of chorus: it sounds a bit cold to my ears... And when I turn it on, I have to play "Come as you are" or "message in a bottle" !

Last one : a classical 73' rams head with my own PCB (I wanted to test the "no mid knob" option)

There it is !!

BONUS :
a pedal I am currently prototyping, tap tempo tremolo

However, I have an annonying "ticking noise" with square wave setting...
If you want to help me with that, I created a post here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21954.0

Thanks !

bcalla

gül

selfdestroyer

I simply love your builds. They are so clean looking and have a great simplistic theme to them (minimalist).

By far, my favorite is that Tap Tempo Trem. The color/knobs are perfect. I may steal that look :]

Cody

storyboardist

Those look fantastic, man. Love your builds. Keep up the good work!
Guy behind Effects Layouts