News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How do we feel about PRS SE guitars?

Started by flanagan0718, March 10, 2016, 06:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

IIRC, aren't Parker Fly guitars the ultra-super light ones for people with bad backs?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

I had a Korean made Parker, so not one of the super light ones. It was alright, but I don't regret selling it.

I would really like to try one or two of the PRS S2 line out for a weekend.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on March 12, 2016, 06:38:32 AM
IIRC, aren't Parker Fly guitars the ultra-super light ones for people with bad backs?

I used to work with the lead wood worker at Parker from the 90s up to 2004. He is now working at Fishman electronics.

playpunk

One of my buddies has a SE. It's ok, but not near as nice as my USA G&l. Not much cheaper either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GermanCdn

SEs are really good VFM.  But for a little more scratch, you could probably come up with a used CE-22/24, and then you'd be into a lot of guitar.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

rullywowr

I had a Tremonti SE about 10 years ago which I loved.  Set neck and dual humbucker setup.  I upgraded the following:

Pickups
Locking Tuners
Nut
Adjustable bridge (to adjust intonation)
Electronics (switch).

I used it as a main gigging guitar and it played like buttah.  I eventually wore the frets down to nothing and ended up trading it away.  Lighter than my pauls but great overall.  For the money, it was a solid performer and fun player, especially for a set neck beast.  If you go into it knowing that you will have to perform a few upgrades for top performance, it is way worth it.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

flanagan0718

Quote from: rullywowr on March 16, 2016, 04:46:42 PM
I had a Tremonti SE about 10 years ago which I loved.  Set neck and dual humbucker setup.  I upgraded the following:

Pickups
Locking Tuners
Nut
Adjustable bridge (to adjust intonation)
Electronics (switch).

I used it as a main gigging guitar and it played like buttah.  I eventually wore the frets down to nothing and ended up trading it away.  Lighter than my pauls but great overall.  For the money, it was a solid performer and fun player, especially for a set neck beast.  If you go into it knowing that you will have to perform a few upgrades for top performance, it is way worth it.

Good to know! Thanks man.