News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

darkside

Started by cjkbug, June 29, 2011, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

lol, I think almost every thread over there eventually de-evolves into some pedal nerd slugfest. gotta love it!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Loztboy

Nice build!
What did you use for the artwork?
It's not waterslide since it's white? right?

cjkbug

its white waterslide stock

Analog Design Audio

i used BAT 41 diodes and all mods and the effect works great with the settings  : VOL 2'clock, Tone 2'o clock , and SUSTAIN 9 o'clock when the SUS goes over the 9 o'clock the tone is getting dirty , do you have other results with 1n60 ??? 

thanks michael

cjkbug

yeah I don't know if those were 1n60's but they were really smooth and mellow. I replaced d1&2 with 3mm yellow leds and it sounds great. much crunchier and louder.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on July 04, 2011, 07:53:57 PM
Quote from: carpediemgr on July 04, 2011, 07:48:58 PM
NICE BUILT DUDE , MAY I ASK HOW IT IS CALLED THIS ORANGE FOAMY THINK YOU USE ? MANY THAKS MICHAEL

Could be a Sham-Wow  ;D  now sham-wow really does do everything!

haha nice one..he probably uses something like this Michael.
http://www.amazon.com/Fibre-Craft-Adhesive-Sheets-1593259/dp/B0033M0JP8  :)

Quote from: cjkbug on July 08, 2011, 01:15:10 PM
yeah I don't know if those were 1n60's but they were really smooth and mellow. I replaced d1&2 with 3mm yellow leds and it sounds great. much crunchier and louder.

Have you tried using other LEDs and gotten different results? Ive only tried 3mm superbright blue LEDs and they sound fabulous. I would totally describe LED's used as clippers in the same way; loud, cruchy, big open sound, less compression but it stills holds a lot of gain!! Are you using diffused ones?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

yeah the cheap diffused leds.