News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So my digital camera died sometime a couple months ago

Started by midwayfair, March 01, 2016, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

The model I used (a Canon) isn't really made any more, either. My dad gave it to me for Christmas several years ago because it sounded better than the newer models, even the nicer camcorder he had. I don't like doing iPod videos, which is really my only other option at this point, and replacing it with something proper isn't really in the cards. And I have previously gotten supremely frustrated trying to do video editing of any sort on my minimac or I wouldn't care what was capturing the footage as long as I could mic the cabinet.

It was not a good camera. I never had the power adapter for it, so I had about 30 minutes of battery life at any given point. It used a USB card and the biggest one I had that worked in it was only 8GB, so I had exactly 13 minutes and 47 seconds available to get a demo right. And of course it compressed the sound and even did weird zoomy things when the auto focus got confused. These limitations really informed how I decided to do demos, which was more of a review of the circuit and functions and what the pedal was capable of rather than a demo of how it exactly sounded.

I'm kind of thinking this might mean the end of my video demos. :(

I'm not looking for sympathy, but given the time span since I last posted a video, I thought some explanation might be in order, even with the sparseness of my build output the last year while I focused on studio stuff.

matmosphere

That's too bad. I used to know a quote a bit about that stuff buys it's been a few years since I followed it. What was the camera model and what went wrong? Generally things like that cost more to fix than to replace, but that isn't always entirely true.

dbp512

Thats a shame, I always really enjoyed your demos. I hope you can sort out than cannon, or find a new way to record without costing an arm or two
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

davent

Jon, cooder did some demos of an amp he had built using, i think it was something like a gopro. I thought they sounded really good, comparable to anything else i hear over the laptop speakers. Was not a costly piece of camera, will see if i can scare up the details.

dave

edit, Demo here with the gopro knockoff, what a build!

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=18242.msg177382#msg177382
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

nzCdog

Thats annoying Jon, I can appreciate it when good gear dies :(